Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Dr. Jari Laukkanen are both well-respected professionals researching the health benefits of sauna. Dr. Laukkanen has published two studies through the University of Eastern Finland in which he has shown regular sauna use of a traditional Finnish sauna can reduce the risk of both fatal heart disease AND Alzheimer's and dementia.
Whether a person's goals are to increase physical fitness and enhance a diet and exercise program, or if one simply wants to enjoy the benefits of sauna as an addition to their current lifestyle, this video provides excellent data about how sauna provides a mild cardiovascular workout while also helping the body release hormones to make a healthier, stronger, body and mind.
Some key points of the video include health benefits for:
- Cardiovascular health
- Alzheimer's prevention (65% reduction in onset of Alzheimer’s)
- Physical fitness in relation to sauna
- Release of endorphins and the associated stress reduction
- Safe, rapid-acting antidepressant with sustained benefits
- Dr. Laukkanen discusses how the sauna triggers multiple physiological and neurological mechanisms in the body to provide an array of benefits—proven by medical research
To watch more of Dr. Rhonda Patrick's videos on the benefits of sauna, visit her YouTube channel.